We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £30,756 - £33,136 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: 3 x Permanent
Do you have in-depth demonstrable accountancy/financial experience at an advisory level? Can you used IT based financial management systems and have experience of analysing large amounts of financial data using spreadsheet packages such as Microsoft Excel? Are you able to apply this knowledge and skill to complex financial calculations? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity within the Finance team where you’ll provide financial support, advice and information to management within allocated areas, whilst ensuring all work is performed and assessed according to the principles of Best Value, continuous improvement, and the requirement to obtain value for money for the Council.
In this vital role, you’ll also be responsible for maintaining and monitoring revenue and capital accounts, prepare and co-ordinate estimates and final accounts for a distinct service.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
You must have a full AAT qualification in Accounting or equivalent experience, knowledge of accountancy principles and practice, and the ability to work on your own initiative and meet deadlines.
So if you’re a collaborative and experienced individual, you could help drive the Council’s vision by liaising with stakeholders, business partners, senior leaders and managers, in a challenging work environment, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing