William Austin Junior School is a large five form entry school, currently rated good by OFSTED, with well-behaved children who are eager to learn and succeed. Our staff team is supportive, hardworking, committed and have the pupils’ best interests at heart. We are well resourced and actively supported by parents and governors alike.
About the job
Salary: MPR / UPR plus TLR2b £4,486 a year
Hours per week: 1.0 FTE, Full time
We are looking to appoint a talented Achievement leader to lead a year group.
• be a member of our senior leadership team as Achievement Leader
• be an excellent class teacher, leading by example for teachers in your team
• be accountable for leading, managing and improving standards across your year group
• be responsible for the behaviour and pastoral care for pupils within your year group
• be accountable for tracking and analysing pupil progress
• be an excellent teacher, who is enthusiastic and passionate about teaching
• have high expectations of yourself, your pupils and be committed to raising standards
• want to make a difference and be part of our strong leadership team
• be ambitious and ready to take on extra responsibility, or an experienced year leader wanting to develop your role in a different setting
Closing date: Sunday 24th February 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 27th February 2019
APPLY ONLINE - On the application form please ensure that your personal specification is written in response to the on-line questions supplied
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. If you would like to arrange a visit, or would like an opportunity to discuss this role informally, then please contact the Head teacher, Jo Adams on 01582 572100 or visit our website www.william-austin.com for more information about our school.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.