Administrative support officers in Adult Social Care (ASC) are committed to the achievement of departmental service objectives and priorities. They provide support to all staff within ASC, co-ordinating specific tasks and activities across the service as well as the co-ordination of systems and process to ensure ASC services can be delivered efficiently and effectively.
About the job
Salary: £20,344 - £22,462 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 22.5
Contract type: Permanent
Are you proactive, customer focused and looking for part time work? If yes, we want to hear from you.
An experienced administrative support officer is what we need, someone who’ll come in from the get go and make a start at providing administrative support service for managers and staff across ASC.
As part of this role, you’ll be required to process invoices, order items and undertake other budgetary tasks. This will include banking, payroll, maintaining appropriate financial records and liaising with other LBC departments to ensure timely and efficient financial administrative processes.
From time to time you’ll be required attend meetings, where you’ll take minutes and distribute them as directed.
Your proactive, customer focus approach will ensure you achieve good outcomes for service users and their carers, in turn making you a proud Luton Council employee.
It is vital that you have experience of providing administrative support, as you’ll be expected to process various tasks including: taking calls, working on reception, processing invoices, reporting and more.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills are a must for this role as you’ll be expected to liaise with team managers, fieldwork staff, colleagues in the department, members of the public and external agencies.
It is essential that you have knowledge of Microsoft packages including: Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
The workload can be heavy at times, so you’ll need the ability to work flexibly and cope with conflicting pressures, while organising and prioritising your own work.
You must have an RSA 2 or WP Level 2 or equivalent experience.
So if you have the experience, the ability and the can do attitude, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing