We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £19,819 - £21,693 per year pro rata
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Fixed-term until 31st March 2019
Do you have demonstrable experience in the use of IT - including spreadsheets and responding to members of the public? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity to work within our Education, Support, Challenge and Intervention Service, where you will provide admin support for penalty notice’s and other legal functions, including sending out warning letters, booking court dates and preparing paperwork under the direction of the Senior EWO.
In this vital role, you will provide information and admin support as required for the strategic lead for attendance.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Excellent communication skills are vital for this role, as you will be required to work with and communicate effectively, with colleagues and professionals at all levels. You must be able to work on own initiative and grasp new information and concepts quickly.
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
The successful candidate is subject to a basic DBS check.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing