About the job
Salary: £34,788 - £37,849 a year plus £3,500 market supplement and £963 essential car user allowance
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Are you motivated by helping others to be independent? Do you have a Diploma or degree in Occupational Therapy or Rehabilitation and are registered with the HCPC? If yes, we want to hear from you!
We have a highly rewarding opportunity within the Adult Social Care Division where you will be promoting the independence, inclusion and well-being of all adults with social care needs enabling them to have control over their lives by ensuring the right personalised care pathway is provided.
You will be responsible for providing professional support, leadership and line management to qualified Occupational Therapists (OT) and other staff including Community Care Workers as directed, who form part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team that includes qualified and unqualified social workers, occupational therapists, and related support services.
Your post qualifying experience and communication skills will enable you to achieve high standards of professional service while managing workloads to meet strict deadlines and targets. So if you are driven by helping others, have the required qualification and knowledge of social work legislation then we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- market supplement is included in this role. There is the option of receiving this supplement monthly or annually
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement plus 5 extra days after 5 years service
- phone and laptop
- free car parking space
- access to Costco membership as an employee of a local authority
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing