£8,102.55 a year
We have a vacancy for an apprentice site agent to join our busy schools and work alongside our premises team.
About the job
Whitefield Primary School and Chantry Primary Academy work as a Federation of Schools and are on the verge of forming a Multi Academy Trust. We are looking to expand our Premises Team by appointing an enthusiastic apprentice who is keen to learn and to take a productive role in this busy team. The successful applicant will work within the team and will undertake a range of duties including :
• DIY repairs and maintenance including painting and decorating
• Helping to care for our gardens and playing fields including litter picking
• Supporting site staff to carry out weekly safety checks such as fire bells, playground equipment and Legionella
• Supporting teaching staff by moving furniture, delivering resources and setting up rooms for activities or meetings
• Working with other members of staff to ensure the school is warm, clean and secure
• Welcoming contractors who visit the school to carry out work
As this is an apprenticeship, you will be learning ‘on the job’ by: following instruction and direction from; observing and listening to; and working alongside experienced staff members. A willingness to learn is essential.
This role will require you to be able to travel to either school at different times, according to the schools’ needs.
Ability to use own initiative
Good communication skills
Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Knowledge of safeguarding
You will need to enjoy working flexibly in a role that is varied and pressurised to keep pace with the needs of the school.
Good time keeping and attendance
You will be motivated and enthusiastic
Interest in working in a school environment
Enthusiasm for working outdoors
Be able to use initiative to plan and organise your work
Be polite and have a professional appearance as you may be the first person a visitor to school meets.
Ideally candidate should have achieved 5 GCSE grade A*- C including English and Math or equivalent
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Because of the nature of this post, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
There is a physical side to the work as you will be required to carry equipment around school including desks and chairs.
Working as part of the site staff you will need to be able to react quickly to different demands.