About the job
Salary: £29,577 - £32,234 a year, plus Tool Allowance £446.94 and Washing Allowance £78 p.a.
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Our BTS division has an opportunity available for a Brick Layer (Multi-Trade), where you will be completing a range of Bricklaying and multi-trade work.
This would include site related surveys and providing lists of materials to complete contracts and day to day repairs and refurbishments within set timescales and costs.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate will need to have experience of working with Schedule of Rates and to specifications including working from drawings. You will need experience of performing work requiring a range of Bricklaying and relate skills associated with day-to-day maintenance and refurbishment object work.
You will need to be a great planner and be able to prioritise your own workload to meet outputs and deadlines.
We need someone who can use their own initiative and assess and address problems that may arise on site. You need to be polite and be able to deal tactfully with a range of people including clients, tenants, managers and supervisors.
You will have the opportunity to develop on your already existing knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in relation to building works.
We do ask that you have Advanced Bricklaying apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 or Basic Bricklaying apprenticeship or NVQ Level 2 City and Guilds qualification or equivalent qualification and equivalent experience.
You will need to be able to travel to and between sites with equipment and be able to carry and climb ladders to perform inspections and gain access to loft spaces and roofs.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing