We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £17,173 – £17,972 a year
Hours per week: 1x 37 hours per week & 1x 30 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have excellent communication skills, and the ability to keep daily records whilst maintaining confidentiality? If yes, we want to hear from you
We have two exciting roles within the Adult Social Care department where you’ll work to help create and maintain a supportive and safe environment, where adults with learning disabilities are supported to achieve maximum independence, freedom and choice.
You’ll be responsible for complete personal care (physical, emotional & social) according to individual needs, as assessed and highlighted in their Care & Support Plan.
We have both full and part time hours available.
This is a public facing role so candidates must be fluent in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of working with vulnerable adults and children, able to care for a person’s physical, emotional and social needs in a way that promotes independence, choice and dignity; able to communicate effectively with service users, carers and staff, Able to travel around the borough and work flexibly across bases to meet the needs of the service, flexible with start and finish times and able to lift/move and handle, using lifting aids, if necessary.
Preferably, the ideal candidate will have NVQ/QCF Level 2 in Care qualification or equivalent and knowledge of NVQ/QCF care skills, however, this is not a necessity.
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing