“Warden Hill Junior School is a safe and secure place. Pupils are happy to come to school” OFSTED 2014. We can offer the successful candidate well behaved and happy children who are keen to learn; friendly and supportive staff; excellent CPD opportunities; Local Government Pension Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
About the job
Salary: £12,192 - £12,684 a year
Hours per week: 28, Part time
We are looking to recruit a Care Club Co-ordinator to provide before and after school supervision for children from both our infant and junior schools. We would be willing to consider someone to work in the after school club only and the hours for this would be 14.00pm - 18.15pm, Monday to Thursday and finishing at 18.00pm on a Friday.
We are looking for someone who can:
- lead a team of play workers
- ensure correct supervision of children
- provide safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparing and organising an appropriate activity programme, ensuring the learning, emotional and physical needs of the children are met
- carry out day to day administration, record keeping, ordering supplies, keeping registers
The successful applicant must -
- have demonstrable experience of the care of young children
- be able to communicate effectively with parents and young children
- have supervision qualities and able to organise own workload
- have adequate knowledge of out of hours school food standards and regulations
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Childcare or equivalent
- hold a current First Aid Certificate or be able to train and pass
- have basic ICT skills including MS Word and Excel
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.
Interviews will take place on 4th November 2019.