We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £18,319 - £19,446 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 20
Do you have a RSA III Word Processing or equivalent qualification and experience of administrative practices and procedures? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have a vital yet rewarding opportunity where you’ll provide administrative support to the Special Educational Needs Assessment Team, by organising the agenda for the Moderation Panel, taking minutes and communicating decisions to parents and Headteachers, while maintaining an accurate database in respect of requests for statutory assessments.
You’ll be responsible for making sure that legislative and policy requirements are met and procedures are administered within statutory timescales prescribed in the Government’s Code of Practice to support the Council’s Performance Indicators.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you have the ability to work on your own initiative, organise workloads to meet targets and deadlines and the ability to use word-processing and spreadsheet packages, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing