We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £19,819 - £21,693 a year
Hours per week: 37 hours per week – hours of work are defined by management, however will be within our operating hours of 07:45 – 23:30, Monday – Sunday.
Contract type: Permanent
Do you enjoy working outside with minimal supervision, but as part of a team?
We wish to strengthen our dynamic team of Civil Enforcement Officers serving the local community. You will be required to patrol and monitor all parking restrictions both on and off street ensuring adherence to all parking regulations in accordance with the Council’s parking policies and procedures,
You should have excellent customer care experience, be confident, willing to assist and advise the public on parking matters. You should also be able to demonstrate an ability to deal with people in difficult situations.
Working outside in all weathers, on your feet or in a mobile patrol, you will have legible handwriting and a full manual driving licence would also be helpful.
This post requires a Basic Disclosure.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
You must have knowledge of Customer Care Principals, Basic knowledge of Parking legislation or NVQ 2 Parking Control or equivalent in-depth experience.
If you’re an experienced and collaborative individual, you could help to drive the Council’s vision by liaising with stakeholders, and contribute to the achievement of the wider aims and operational objectives and future state. We look forward to receiving your application.
Previous applicants need not apply.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing