We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £19,819 - £21,693 a year
Hours per week: One full-time (37) and one part-time (22.2)
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have experience of working within a community work or social care services environment and the ability to organise and carry out customer meetings and feedback relevant information? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have two exciting opportunities within the Adult Social Care department where you will provide support to adults with learning disabilities, helping them to achieve maximum independence, freedom and choice, in order to promote their wellbeing and achieve positive outcomes.
In this vital role, you’ll take the lead, with support from the senior, to plan, implement, monitor and review the day service element of the individual customer’s package of social care.
Whilst all posts are expected to cover all the bases within the Community Choices Service, this position will be initially based at our Stopsley site working with people that have complex needs and behaviours that may challenge.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate must have some knowledge of issues facing services for clients with learning disabilities and the needs of the clients group and able to read, write communicate effectively with a range of people in a variety of settings.
So if you have the ability to lead on the planning and organisation of day care opportunities and the ability to care for peoples physical, emotional and social needs; ability and willingness to gain QCF Level 3 Care, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing