About the job
Salary: £20,344 - £22,462 a year, pro rata
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Fixed-term until 31st March 2020
Do you have excellent administration skills and interpersonal skills, the ability to work under minimal supervision within work deadlines and to keep accurate records? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting role within the Finance department where you will be responsible for developing and processing invoices and payments to home care providers, day care providers and direct payment clients, ensuring these are based on the most accurate information available.
In this vital role, you will deal with contracts and payments for residential care providers to ensure those payments are made accurately and on time, while delivering training to providers and Day Centre staff on financial processes and procedures where required.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate must have the ability to use IT packages and the ability to work as a member of a team and on own initiative in a busy office.
You will also need to have knowledge of Adult Social Care legislation and guidance (i.e. Care Act 2014), demonstrate good numeracy skills, have the ability to deal with contractual queries and check accurate prices are used.
So if you have a flare for Finance, are confident in communicating sensitively with vulnerable adults, have the ability to use IT databases (such as ControCC and LAS), are able to draft complex letters and work as part of a team, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing