We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £17,173 - £17,972 a year
Hours per week: 10
Contract: Permanent, Term time
The hours for this post is 4.30pm – 9.30pm (38 weeks term time only), which is covered over 2 evenings per week. This will include evening enhancements for hours worked from 7pm.
Do you have a Level 2 Business Administration or equivalent qualification or experience and the ability to prioritise own work and meet conflicting deadlines? If yes we want to hear from you
We have a fantastic opportunity within the Luton Adult Learning department where you’ll be the first point of contact in reception, meeting and greeting, learners, colleagues and stakeholders and provide them with any relevant information, advice and guidance, ensuring a high standard of customer service is given at all times.
You’ll also support with various administrative and clerical tasks.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you have excellent communication skills, and the ability to work on your own with minimal guidance, we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing