About the job
Salary: £19,171 - £19,945 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Are you able to provide a front line customer service? Are you interested in working as part of our BTS division? If yes then this is the role for you!
We have an opportunity available where you will be ensuring the highest standard of customer service at all times and you’ll be responsible for managing the administration function of the Facilities Management Team- here you will assist in the delivery of a high quality, customer focused and continuously improving service.
You’ll also be providing support to Building and Technical Services with a specific focus on supporting the achievement of their aims and objectives, performance targets, customer satisfaction and value for money.
We are looking for someone who has experience of administrative systems, processes and can communicate effectively and politely both in writing and verbally with a wide range of people including customers, internal colleagues and external agencies.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to have tact and diplomacy to ensure a high level of customer focus at all times and be able to use computer technologies including word processing, spreadsheet, email, databases and more.
You’ll need to use your own initiative effectively within guidelines to make informed judgements and work to procedures, targets and deadlines.
We do ask that you have a Level 2 or equivalent experience in Business Administration.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing