We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £17,173 - £17,972 a year pro rata
Hours per week: Various
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have experience in a customer facing role, including excellent communication skills and able to deal politely and positively with a wide range of people and answering enquiries? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have three exciting roles across various community centres where you will provide a vibrant and high quality customer service by undertaking a wide range of duties in a proactive, friendly and positive manner. Provide information and support to users and ensure all Council venues are safe, secure and well presented.
In this vital role, you’ll undertake financial procedures including cash handling, operating a till and banking in accordance with the Council’s financial regulations. You’ll also undertake clerical procedures including inputting data to maintain accurate records, taking into account Data Protection legislation.
These opportunities will be based at various Community Centres:
- Farley Hill – 2 x 4.5 hours per week
- Hockwell Ring – 11.5 hours per week
Please confirm on your supporting statement which location you will be applying for.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to demonstrate your fluency in spoken and written English.
So if you have good ICT skills, with the ability to manage emails, use the internet and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy environment; we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing