About the job
Salary: £19,171- £19,945 a year, pro rata
Hours per week: 30
Contract type: Permanent
Adult Social Care provides day services from a number of specialist centres. Customer’s have varying degrees of physical, sensory or psychological disabilities.
As Day Care Officer, you will undertake the role of Key/Support Worker by, for instance, co-ordinating and liaising with the various services and families involved for an individual or group of clients interests; working in a variety of settings.
In this vital role, you will undertake complete personal and individualised care (physical, social and emotional) to enable customers to achieve maximum independence, freedom and choice. Individual responsibility for escorting passengers while they travel to day centres, community centres, other community resources and their homes as required. Support the development of Day Opportunities for the customer group.
Our ideal candidate must be willing to attend relevant courses and show a commitment to personal development; and have the ability to lift/move and handle, using lifting aids, if appropriate (after training) in line with Health and Safety regulations,
If you think you could become an asset to our team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing