About the job
Salary: £19,171- £19,945 a year, pro rata
Hours per week: 25
Contract type: Permanent
Adult Social Care provides day services from a number of specialist centres. Customer’s have varying degrees of physical, sensory or psychological disabilities.
As Day Care Officer, you will work in co-operation with social workers, community development, health and transport colleagues to ensure the smooth provision of day opportunities for all customers.
In this vital role, you will undertake complete personal and individualised care (physical, social and emotional) to enable customers to achieve maximum independence, freedom and choice. You will also have individual responsibility for escorting passengers while they travel to day centres, community centres, other community resources and their homes as required and support the development of Day Opportunities for the customer group.
These opportunities are available at the: Chaul End & Farley Day Centres. Please state on your application form which location you are applying for.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate must be willing to attend relevant courses and show a commitment to personal development; and have the ability to lift/move and handle, using lifting aids, if appropriate (after training) in line with Health and Safety regulations,
If you think you could become an asset to our team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) (Amendments) Order 1986. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the Authority. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing