About the job
Salary: £26,511 - £29,577 a year, plus £78 Washing allowance and £446.94 Tool Allowance per year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Our BTS division has an opportunity available within their team as a Decorator/ Painter (Multi-Trade) where you will need to complete a range of decorating, painting and multi-trade work.
This will include related site surveys and provide lists of materials to complete contracts and day to day repairs and refurbishments within set timescales and costs.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of working with Schedule of Rates and specifications including working from drawings. You will also need experience of performing work requiring a range of decorating and painting and related skills associated with day-to-day maintenance and refurbishment project work. You will also need to plan and prioritise workloads to meet specified outputs and deadlines as well as using your own initiative within established procedures.
In addition, the successful candidate will need to assess and address problems arising on site and be able to deal politely and tactfully deal with a range of people including clients, tenants, managers and supervisors.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have an advanced painting apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 or a basic painting apprenticeship and NVQ Level 2 City and Guilds qualification or equivalent qualification or experience.
You will need to be able to travel to and between sites with equipment and be able to carry and climb ladders to perform inspections and gain access to loft spaces and roofs.
So if you have the relevant skills and the ability to prioritise and organise your workload to meet targets and deadlines, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us and help us “realise the remarkable” every day.
Please ensure your supporting statement demonstrates your experience and knowledge in order for your application to be considered.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing