The SACAT Trust in conjunction with the Local Governing Body of St Martin de Porres Catholic Primary School invite applications for the post of Deputy Headteacher.
At St Martin’s: ‘Leaders have high expectations of both staff and pupils. There is a very strong ethos of tolerance and respect for others, that is felt throughout the school. The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.’ (Ofsted Inspection December 2018)
About the job
Salary: £52,639 - £57,077 a year
Hours per week: 1.0 FTE, Full time
We are seeking to appoint:
• A practicing Catholic who will nurture the faith of the school community
• An educator who will develop the potential of the staff and pupils
• A leader who will communicate the vision of St Martin de Porres within the school, the parish and wider community
• An outstanding classroom practitioner, able to share exemplary practice.
• A person who seeks to celebrate the unique talents of every pupil and member of staff
• A leader who will take a strategic role in curriculum development, teaching and learning.
We can offer you:
• A successful, welcoming, well maintained school
• Friendly, dedicated staff
• A highly supportive Governing Body
• A commitment to your continuing professional development
• Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children who are eager to learn
• A strong working relationship with parents, parish and the wider community
You are warmly encouraged to visit our school, by arrangement through Cheryl Harris, Personal Assistant, 01582 617600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019 at 12:00noon
Interview date: Friday29th April 2019
APPLY VIA SCHOOL DETAILS BELOW
CES application forms and further details are available directly from Cheryl Harris, please email or telephone as above. Completed application packs should be addressed to: Cheryl Harris, Personal Assistant, St Martin de Porres Catholic Primary School, Pastures Way, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0PF
The successful candidate will be required to sign the CES contract.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
St Martin de Porres Catholic Primary School is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. References will be taken prior to any offer of employment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced DBS and background check.
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.