About the job
Salary: £52,930 - £58,389 a year
Hours per week: 1.0 FTE, Full time
Required for January 2020
River Bank Primary School is seeking to appoint a deputy headteacher to help oversee the quality of education at our school. The role will focus on the implementation of our curriculum and will centre on supporting all our colleagues to improve their practice. This includes senior staff, subject leaders, teachers, NQTs and trainees. This is a people focussed role that will work to make sure that all adults and children who are a part of the River Bank community do their very best.
At our school we;
- Believe strongly in the Olympic and Paralympic values which form a part of our daily lives at school;
- Teach a broad curriculum and have resisted a focus on just reading writing and maths;
- Have designed a knowledge-based curriculum that has for the last eighteen months focused on helping children learn more, know more and be able to do more;
- Have been committed to putting our energy in to the things that make the most difference to the lives of our pupils
We are looking for a deputy headteacher who;
- Is a great teacher and who still wants to stand in front of children and teach them well;
- Is an expert when it comes to helping others improve – both adults and children;
- Is thoughtful and caring
- Is attentive to people, not systems;
- Is knowledgeable and intelligent when it comes to primary education;
- Applies ethical leadership in all circumstances
- Is committed to engaging in current research linked to education
We can offer:
- Autonomy for our teachers and leaders
- Brilliantly behaved pupils
- A commitment to a sensible approach to workload
- Free health care
- A strong, committed and supportive team of staff and governors
- One paid family day per academic year
- Discounted corporate membership to all Active Luton managed leisure centres
- The added security of Luton Council’s pay and conditions in line with maintained schools
If you want to know more please contact the school on 01582 531860 to make an appointment with David, the Headteacher. Visits are advised to that candidates can gain a first-hand experience of what our school is like.
Closing Date: 4th October 2019
Interview Date - 14th October 2019
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.