We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £33,437 - £36,379 a year
Hours per week: 37
We have an exciting opportunity available within our Chief Executive department where you will be leading the design of our digital services. You will focus on developing user friendly content and transactional services, redesigning both internal and external processes to deliver our services in a faster, smarter and better way.
Acting as the digital services lead adviser you’ll be responsible for delivering online forms, processes and content to transform access to council services and deliver channel shift.
This is a rewarding role where you will act as champion for the smart use of digital technology and service redesign thinking across the council ensuring our digital services are user friendly, accurate, consistent and up to date.
Our ideal candidate will need experience of working within a large scale complex digital services or web environment, including content and transactional design and the expert use of web content management systems (CMS).
You’ll need experience in the development of complex online forms (made to look easy for the customer), reengineering business processes, integration with third party systems and improving online user experience.
A user centred approach to the design of digital services supported by digital literacy skills and strong negotiation and influencing skills are key to this role, alongside experience of managing user testing and monitoring such as google analytics.
We do ask that you have graduate level qualification or equivalent verifiable experience and training.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to support the Key Worker Housing Scheme in helping and supporting eligible employees in finding suitable housing