About the job
Salary: £22,911 - £25,295 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for an Early Years Data and Finance Support Officer to join the Council. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an efficient support service to Early Years providers through the delivery of Free Entitlement funding for 2,3 and 4 year olds.
You will be responsible for data collection and processing payments to Early Years providers. You will maintain up to date and thorough knowledge of government and local legislation and will work with early year’s settings, childminders and neighbouring authorities to resolve funding issues for individual children.
Luton is a fantastic place to live, work and visit. We are an employer who supports, who is flexible but who demands the very best.
This is a fast paced environment requiring excellent IT skills, experience working with large datasets and effective reporting skills. You must be highly literate and have excellent communication skills as well as having the ability to deal with demanding situations, in a calm and efficient manner.
You will have the ability to build and develop relationships and communications with colleagues across the council and also early years providers to ensure effective joined up service provision. Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
We want people who are committed, enthusiastic, and ready to deliver.
So what are you waiting for? Join us and help us “realise the remarkable”.
Please ensure your supporting statement demonstrates your experience and knowledge in order for your application to be considered.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements
- childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice scheme)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to support the Key Worker Housing Scheme in helping and supporting eligible employees in finding suitable housing.