For a September start
River Bank is a new and rapidly growing school set in a modern and purpose built building, which has the Olympic values and physical activity at its core. We are situated in the centre of Luton close to a range of good transport links.
About the job
Salary: MPR / UPR - Recruitment incentive linked to salary
Hours per week: 1.0 FTE, Full time
Due to our significant growth, we are in need of an inspirational Early Years Foundation Stage Teacher for a September start.
We are a school that can offer:
• autonomy for our teachers
• brilliantly behaved pupils
• a commitment to a sensible approach to workload
• a visible and supportive SLT who all teach
• a light touch approach to the collection of data
• use of comparative judgement for writing assessment
• free health care
• a strong, committed and supportive team of staff and governors
• one paid family day per academic year
• discounted corporate membership to all Active Luton managed leisure centres
• the added security of Luton Borough Council's pay and conditions in line with maintained schools
We do not believe in:
• time consuming marking policies, we focus on feedback instead
• graded lesson observations
• a requirement for detailed planning
• data driven performance management, we focus on research instead
Come and be part of our team and help us fulfil our school’s amazing potential. We welcome applications from NQTs and experienced teachers.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school on 01582 531860 to arrange a tour and informal meeting with David, the headteacher. Please visit our website for further information about our school – www.riverbankprimary.org
At River Bank Primary School our commitment is to: Inspire, Empower, Achieve
Closing date: Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 11:59pm
Interviews: W/c 11th and 18th March 2019
Apply Online - Supporting Statement Questions are also attached
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.