We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £22,401- £24,657 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Fixed-term for 12 months
Do you have demonstrable experience of working in an office environment in a financial setting and the ability to interpret charging regulations and carry out complex financial calculations? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting, yet vital role within the Financial Assessments team where you’ll financially assess and charge those in receipt of a care package from Luton Borough Council for residential and non-residential care. You will act as appointee through the Department for Work and Pensions and deputy through the Court of Protection for vulnerable clients who are unable to manage their own financial affairs.
You’ll undertake accurate financial assessments based on information from the customer (or their representative) about their financial status to ensure they are correctly charged for the service provided.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal politely and tactfully with a wide range of people, giving advice on specific guidelines; then we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing