We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary:£34,106 - £37,107 a year plus £963 essential car user allowance
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Are you passionate about working with foster carers and looked after children including those subject to complex legal proceedings and demonstrable experience of developing and managing policies and procedures? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a focused and motivated Fostering Quality Assurance Officer to work within our Safeguarding & Quality Assurance Team, chair Reviews of all Foster Carers reviews as required in statute jointly responsible for the maintenance of a system to ensure that reviews of foster carers are completed within statutory timescales and to high standards.
If its responsibility you’re after, then you’ve come to the right place, as you will be developing and quality assuring policies and procedures in the area of Fostering in conjunction with other senior managers in addition to ensuring actions carried out comply with Council Policies and Procedures.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
If you have excellent communication skills; a Degree, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent experience; demonstrable experience of IT and software systems; and can help drive the Council’s vision by liaising with stakeholders, business partners, senior leaders and managers, in a challenging work environment, we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing