Active Luton is a charitable trust offering health, leisure, wellbeing, community outreach, training and education services to all sectors of Luton’s diverse population. We’re much more than just sport!
We operate six health and leisure centres across the town including Inspire: Luton Sports Village with its 50m swimming pool and Olympic diving facilities, Lea Manor Recreation Centre, Lewsey Sports Park and Pool, Stockwood Park Athletics Centre, Stockwood Park Golf Centre and Hightown Community Sports and Arts Centre. We also operate Dell Farm Education Centre – a unique day and residential education centre offering inspirational outdoor learning experiences for school children, set in 23 acres of land near Whipsnade Zoo.
Our mission is to offer a wide variety of opportunities to get active and stay active to everyone in Luton regardless of age, background and ability.
About the job
Healthy Lifestyle Specialist (Health Checks) - full time, 37 hours per week (incl occasional evening and weekends)
Exciting opportunities are available for a passionate, enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Healthy Lifestyle Specialist with experience and an interest in health promotion and delivery of health checks. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, this front line role will contribute to the provision and coordination of the NHS Health Checks Service delivered across the Borough of Luton.
The service offers support for specified adults through preventative screening to identify and manage those at risk of a range of vascular diseases such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, dementia and kidney disease and to offer them appropriate advice, referral or follow up.
We would like to hear from you if you are experienced in:
- Delivering NHS Health Checks within the local community and in GP Surgeries.
- Creative and proactive with strong planning, time management, empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Community development and engagement, including Public Health promotion.
- Knowledge of benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: healthy eating and increasing physical activity levels, smoking cessation and reducing alcohol consumption.
We would like to have you join our team if you are motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives, and would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: We reserve the right to close this application process when we are in receipt of sufficient applications and no later than 17 March 2019.
Interviews will be held week commencing 18 March 2019.
The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS disclosure for this position.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Emma Collins, Health Specialist Manager on 01582 400272 or email emma.Collins@activeluton.co.uk
As an employee of Active Luton you can look forward to:
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- heavily discounted gym, swim and group fitness membership giving access to all Active Luton centres