About the job
Salary: £31,371 - £33,799 a year,plus £963 essential car allowance
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Our BTS department are looking for someone who will be responsible for the high quality technical service which is delivered to customers in Council accommodation and for external clients.
You will be managing the technical aspects of the service including survey and inspection, programme design, contractor management, financial management and quality audit.
This is an exciting role where you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the achievement of the wider Housing Landlord aims, operational objectives and future state.
We are looking for someone who has experience in a building maintenance environment and has experience in contract and project management which would include budget setting and monitoring.
Our ideal candidate will need to be able to manage and monitor programmes of work and produce technical specifications, drawings and contract documentation. We need someone who is great at giving advice on technical matters and has excellent organisation skills.
You will need to be able to use your own initiative and be able to communicate with a wide range of people. You will also need to be able to analyse and interpret financial, performance and resource information and data to produce complex project briefs and technical reports.
You will have the opportunity to develop on your already existing knowledge of current relevant legislation and statutory requirements such as CDM and Asbestos regulations, health and safety and COSHH.
We do ask that you have HNC qualifications related to Surveying linked to the construction industry or equivalent qualification.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing