We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £19,819 - 21,693 a year
Hours per week: Part-time (29.6 hours)
Contract type: Temporary (Maternity cover)
Do you have demonstrable HR administrative experience, including excellent time management skills and able to work with minimum supervision in a busy work environment? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity where you will provide specialised and complex HR administration to support service delivery for the whole HR Division. You’ll be undertaking duties according to the Council’s policies & procedures to ensure that service delivery is effective including working closely with the Payroll and HR Transactions Team and be able to deal sensitively and confidentially with employment matters.
In this vital role, you will provide administrative support for corporate projects, trading activities and undertake other duties across the HR function, as required to support the work of HR teams including production of information and statistics for management reports.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you have excellent communication and organisational skills, demonstrable experience of IT and software systems including Word and Excel, and the ability to prioritise your workload to meet compelling deadlines, we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing