About the job
Salary: £42,821 - £45,859 a year plus £3,203 car benefit allowance
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have excellent leadership skills and enjoy managing diverse workloads to a varied customer base? Are you a qualified member of the Institute of Payroll and Pension Management?
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity within our HR and Payroll Transactions Team. You will lead manage and motivate to ensure the timely and accurate running of our payrolls and also the delivery of a high quality HR transactional service in line with HMRC guidelines, pension regulators and internal policies, procedures and processes.
Your expert knowledge and leadership skills will contribute to the development and implementation of business plans and service delivery improvements. Working collaboratively with senior HR members, finance and representatives from other stakeholders you will participate in key strategic projects and initiatives.
Being able to bring new ideas to our established team is definitely one of the best parts of this role. In addition you will have the opportunity to maintain and improve our excellent internal and external customer relationships. If you are up for a challenge and would like to work within a fulfilling, dynamic environment, then hit that apply button now.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English and also demonstrate excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants are required to declare all unspent cautions and convictions; and also any adult cautions (simple or conditional), and spent convictions that are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020). A person’s criminal record will not in itself prevent a person from being appointed to this post. Applicants will not be refused posts because of offences which are not relevant to, and do not place them at or make them a risk in, the role for which they are applying. However in the event of the employment being taken up, any failure to disclose such offence, as detailed above, will result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the Authority.