We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £19,819 - £21,693 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 35
Contract type: Permanent (Term-time only)
Do you have experience in large scale industrial catering or similar, knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health and Safety related legislation? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Catering Services team where you will be managing the kitchen and dining room to the standard required by LBC Catering Services policies and procedures.
You’ll provide catering services to the school; this will include preparing, cooking and serving food to school pupils and staff on a daily basis, ensuring you work to timetables, budget targets whilst managing the kitchen team.
You’ll need to meet the requirements of the School Food Plan, Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation, and have an understanding of basic dietary needs and eating trends.
These opportunity will be based at:
- Kitchen Manager – Warden Hill Junior School - 35 hours.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show a fluency in speaking and writing English.
To be successful in this role you must be able to:
- communicate with and supervise staff
- organise own and others work to meet deadlines and motivate team spirit
- high level of cooking skill
- work on own initiative
- follow and uphold policies
So if you have a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Food Safety or Higher we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing