About the job
Salary: £19,698 - £20,493 a year, plus £78 washing allowance a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have demonstrable experience of undertaking a range of general building labouring work associated with building maintenance, refurbishment projects handling, loading, securing and transporting general building materials? If yes, we want to hear from you.
Our Building Technical Services (BTS) division has an exciting opportunity available, where you will need to be able to complete a range of general labouring work, which would include driving, handling and transporting building materials.
You will also need to be able to erect and repair fencing within timescales and costs. Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation and that the vehicles and work sites are kept clean, tidy and secure.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
We are looking for someone who is polite and able to deal with a wide range of people such as clients, tenants, managers and supervisors in a tactful way.
You need to be a good team planner as well as being able to use your own initiative to work on your own, and able to climb ladders, work from scaffolding and have a full current driving licence.
We do ask that you have knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in relation to building works and Manual Handling regulations. We look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing