We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £34,788 - £37,849 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Fixed-term (24 months)
Do you have excellent communication skills, the ability to work under minimal supervision within work deadlines and to keep accurate records? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity within the Planning and Economic Growth Team where you to assist the Service Manager in leading, managing, delivering and developing the Economic Growth & Skills Service in a manner consistent with the Council’s aims and policies and the professional standards falling within the scope of the Economic Growth and Skills Service.
In this vital role, you will deliver a programme of work to achieve the objectives of the Luton Apprenticeship Strategy by ensuring delivery is focussed upon the skill requirements of business and the development needs of residents. Lead on developing and maintaining a preferred list of apprenticeship providers
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate will be able demonstrable experience of working in partnership with business and other stakeholders to implement skill and learning activities and ensure courses comply with nationally defined standards. You will also need to work on own initiative and have the ability to deal politely and tactfully with a wide range of people.
You will need to be able show In-depth literacy skills and be able to write clear, concise reports and In-depth communication skills with people at all levels, including senior managers in external organisations.
You must have recognised qualification in Degree level or equivalent relevant work experience.
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing