To enable the delivery of a high quality, reliable service to passengers, tenants, and other internal / external customers, through effective and efficient maintenance of the airport mechanical assets. This includes completion of work in accordance with prevailing LLAOL processes & contributing towards the continuous improvement of the maintenance service.
To work closely with the Senior Mechanical Engineer supporting planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance services to airport plant, systems, equipment, and facilities.
Technicians may be required to monitor the work quality of contract maintenance providers and act as a “mentor/buddy” for LLAOL mechanical and plumbing staff.
Hours of work
- Monday – Friday 0600 - 1430 & 1400 – 2230
- 40 Hours per week with ½ hour, unpaid mid shift break
- 25 Days Annual Leave (Excluding any Bank Holidays)
- Mechanical Team call out support
- Salary £42,000 Per Annum
For 3 months the role will be working day shift Monday – Friday 0800 – 1630 with a ½ hour, unpaid mid shift break to support site and plant familiarity after which point it will move to the double day, rotating shift.
Once on the rotating pattern, there will be a need to cover mechanical call outs at times when there are no Mechanical Technicians on site.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The candidate will have a positive outlook and pro-active attitude, will be capable of identifying and resolving problems and possess good organisational skills. As a prospective candidate, you will be capable of working on your own initiative as well as part of a team. You will be task oriented, able to communicate well with all stakeholders, be customer focused and capable of delivering excellent service against agreed organisational objectives.
• We are looking for flexible, creative and enthusiastic individuals with a good working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
• Educated to a minimum of BTEC ONC/HNC in appropriate engineering discipline.
• Able to fault find on mechanical systems and propose resolutions to failures.
• Able to demonstrate that through formal training or apprenticeship schemes and / or practical experience has gained underpinning technical knowledge and skills in engineering.
• Experienced with commercial / domestic gas and oil heating installations
• Gas safe registration desirable but not essential.
• Ensure work is completed “Right First Time”
• Accurately record works on required paperwork and web-based system ensuring the right information is fed back to manager
• Must have good interpersonal skills when dealing with representatives of service partners and other LLAOL departments.
• Must be physically fit and possess high levels of teamwork and communication skills.
• Commitment to working as part of a team and working on own initiative
• Challenges existing standards with a view to improving them
• Full clean driving licence
How to apply
Please do not apply for this role on this site, this is a listing only for London Luton Airport. To apply for this role, please send your CV and supporting statement to askHR@ltn.aero