About the job
Salary: £25,801 - £28,785 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have the good customer service and great communication skills? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an opportunity within the Neighbourhood Enforcement Team where you will provide effective case, operations and investigatory support to Neighbourhood Regulatory Services. You will be undertaking desktop investigation, case file progression, coordination of customer enquiries operational planning support and providing a range of administrative processes to support the effective delivery of the service.
In this vital role, you will carry out a range of desktop investigations on a range of enforcement and regulation matters to identify and allocate cases with a pursuable enforcement outcome. Carry out research across a range of systems to provide an initial case file for follow up investigation. Provide feedback to customers, councillors or other parties who have reported an incident.
This is a public facing role so you will need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate must have experience of dealing with customers/enquiries both on a face to face, telephone and written basis in a sensitive, polite and effective manner. Do you have the ability to establish facts and use own initiative to take action within defined procedures whilst ensuring accurate and thorough attention to detail?
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing