About the job
Salary: £26,511 - £29,577 a year plus £78 washing allowance a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have the ability to work with minimal supervision, using initiative to find innovative solutions to issue? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an opportunity within the Neighbourhood Enforcement Team where you’ll improve local neighbourhoods by providing a visible and effective front line response seven days a week to a range of issues including business regulation, environmental crimes and anti-social behaviour.
In this vital role, you’ll deliver a variety of regulatory interventions and solutions through the provision and application of enforcement skills using their knowledge and expertise.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate must have Good understanding of relevant Environmental Protection and anti-social behaviour legislation. You much have knowledge of relevant legislation covering investigation processes, evidence gathering, retention and Data Protection.
Candidate must be able to obtain relevant Enforcement Accreditation within 6 months of appointment and candidate must hold a valid driving License.
We are looking for someone that have the ability to deal politely and tactfully with a wide range of people members of the public who may be confrontational and give advice within specific guidelines.
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
Join us and help us “realise the remarkable” every day.
Please ensure your supporting statement demonstrates your experience and knowledge in order for your application to be considered.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).