About the job
Salary: £26,511 - £29,577 a year plus £78 washing allowance
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have the ability to work with minimal supervision, using initiative to find innovative solutions to issue? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an opportunity within the Neighbourhood Enforcement Team where you’ll improve local neighbourhoods by providing a visible and effective front line response seven days a week to a range of issues including business regulation, environmental crimes and anti-social behaviour.
In this vital role, you’ll deliver a variety of regulatory interventions and solutions through the provision and application of enforcement skills using their knowledge and expertise.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate must have Good understanding of relevant Environmental Protection and anti-social behaviour legislation. You much have knowledge of relevant legislation covering investigation processes, evidence gathering, retention and Data Protection.
Candidate must be able to obtain relevant Enforcement Accreditation within 6 months of appointment and candidate must hold a valid driving License.
We are looking for someone that have the ability to deal politely and tactfully with a wide range of people members of the public who may be confrontational and give advice within specific guidelines.
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
Join us and help us “realise the remarkable” every day.
Please ensure your supporting statement demonstrates your experience and knowledge in order for your application to be considered.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences.
This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) (Amendments) Order 1986. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the Authority. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.