About the job
Salary: £25,801 - £28,785 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Fixed-term until 31st March 2020
We have an exciting opportunity within the Adult Social Care/ Business Intelligence team where you’ll support the new Side by Side project in Adult social care and you’ll also provide specialist advice as required in relation to record management systems.
In this vital role, you’ll assist with the development, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of data systems for data collection, data transfer, reporting and analysis. Use and maintain IT systems and processes to improve data collection and data quality.
This is a public facing role so you will need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate must have the ability to work to and self-manage strict deadlines and targets whilst managing periods of peaks in demands particularly at year-end to ensure tasks are complete.
We are looking for someone that has experience of using spreadsheets, tables & charts, formulas and reporting tools at an advanced level. You must have high-level numeracy skills able to calculate percentages and proportions; analyse and interpret large amounts of data and produce complex statistical and written reports.
You must have an NVQ2 standard in maths, statistics or have operated at this level of complexity in the workplace.
So if you have the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team, then we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing