We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £19,819 - £33,136 a year plus £2,000 market supplement
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
We are looking to appoint at £25,463 plus market rate supplement
This is a unique opportunity to get ahead in your Town Planning Career. Our progression scheme will help you grow from graduate entry level right up to experienced planning officer level, in our highly regarded Planning and Economic Growth team.
Assisting with the creation of local plan policy, you’ll be ensuring that our policies, procedures and activities are revised and implemented. You’ll be hands on with working on the review of the Luton Local Plan, developing and interpreting sustainable land use and transport policy.
You’ll have some experience of working in town planning or a similar environment where you’re used to working within a statutory framework, and have a Degree or equivalent in Town and Country Planning, or a related subject such as Geography, Economic Development, Environment, Transport or Law.
You’ll be a dab hand at communicating with a wide range of people, from the public to developers and key stakeholders, with strong negotiation and persuasions skills putting you in good stead for this role.
You’ll also have a keen analytical eye and be able to interpret maps and data to provide meaningful statistics, whilst being able to deliver projects on time and on budget.
Interview date: Wednesday 19 December 2018
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing