About the job
Salary: £28,785 - £31,371 a year, plus £963 Essential Car User allowance, £78 washing allowance and £446.94 tool allowance per year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have demonstrable experience of undertaking work requiring a range of plastering and related skills, including tiling, associated with day-to-day maintenance and refurbishment project work? If yes, our Building Technical Services (BTS) department needs you.
We have two exciting opportunities within our BTS department where you will complete a range of plastering and tiling work including of a specialist and multi-trade nature, undertaking related site surveys and providing lists of materials to complete contracts and day to day repairs and refurbishment’s within set timescales and costs.
This is a public facing role so you will need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
You will need experience of working with schedule of rates and to specifications including working from drawings. Our ideal candidate will need to be great at planning and able to deal politely and tactfully with a wide range of people.
You will have the opportunity to develop on your already existing knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in relation to building works.
We do ask that you have an advanced plastering apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 or a Basic plastering apprenticeship and NVQ Level 2 City and Guilds qualification or equivalent qualification and experience.
You must be able to travel to and between sites with equipment and be able to carry and climb ladders to perform inspections and gain access to loft spaces and roofs. We look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing