About the job
Salary: £29,577 - £32,234 a year £78 washing allowance and £648.51 tool allowance a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have demonstrable experience of working with Schedule of Rates, and to specifications including working from drawings, a range of plumbing and related skills? If yes, we want to hear from you?
We have two exciting opportunities within our Building Technical Services (BTS) team where you will complete a comprehensive range of plumbing (multi-trade) work including performing site surveys and providing lists of materials to complete repairs.
In this vital role, you will also be providing lists of materials for refurbishment projects within contract conditions, timescales and costs; and carry out a comprehensive range of plumbing repairs and multi-trade refurbishment project work, across various sectors including domestic property, high rise schools, shops, industrial units etc.
This is a public facing role so you will need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
You will need to be a great planner and be able to prioritise your own workload. In addition, you will need to be able to use your own initiative and be able to assess and address problems arising on site. We need someone who is polite and able to deal tactfully with a wide range of people including clients, tenants, managers and supervisors.
We do ask that you have an Advanced Plumbing apprenticeship to Level 3, a basic plumbing apprenticeship and Level 2 City and Guilds Qualification or equivalent qualification or experience, and knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in relation to building works.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please ensure your supporting statement demonstrates your experience and knowledge in order for your application to be considered.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing