We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £28,221 - £30,756 a year, plus £618.77 washing and tool allowance, £963 essential car user allowance p.a.
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have demonstrable experience of working with Schedule of Rates, and to specifications including working from drawings, a range of plumbing and related skills? If yes, we want to hear from you?
We have an exciting opportunity within our Building Technical Services (BTS) team where you’ll complete a comprehensive range of plumbing (multi-trade) work including performing site surveys and providing lists of materials to complete repairs.
In this vital role, you will also be providing lists of materials for refurbishment projects within contract conditions, timescales and costs; and carry out a comprehensive range of plumbing repairs and multi-trade refurbishment project work, across various sectors including domestic property, high rise schools, shops, industrial units etc.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
You will need to be a great planner and be able to prioritise your own workload. In addition, you will need to be able to use your own initiative and be able to assess and address problems arising on site. We need someone who is polite and able to deal tactfully with a wide range of people including clients, tenants, managers and supervisors.
We do ask that you have an Advanced plumbing apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 or basic plumbing apprenticeship and NVQ Level 2/ City/Guilds qualification or equivalent qualification and equivalent experience, and knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in relation to building works.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing