We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £38,813 - £41,675 a year, plus £3203 car benefit
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
The Quality Assurance team is at the forefront of promoting good practice and quality of services in adult social care, helping ensure the citizens of Luton have access to high quality, compassionate care services.
The team provides quality assurance through operational reviews, unannounced visits, risk analysis, and ensuring best value by working in co-production with providers. This busy, proactive team works across council departments, partner organisations and the independent provider sector continuously championing improvement and assessing and reviewing against regional standards.
The Quality Assurance team is entering an exciting stage of growth with opportunities for the Quality Assurance Manager to lead the next phase of development for the team looking at all aspects of its scope and functions and ensuring we reflect best regional and national practice.
The Quality Assurance manager will have the opportunity to work in conjunction with the service manager, commissioning and health colleagues to look at and identify innovative and new methods of working to support and develop the care market and services for the people of Luton, and will be given the support and autonomy to make the role their own.
- Do you have a passion to help ensure the people of Luton receive good quality care? Do you recognise what Good quality care looks like?
- Do you have a background in Health and Social Care?
- Do you understand and have experiences of Quality Assurance systems and practices and a track record of implementing improvement?
- Do you have the vision and an appetite for delivering a high performing service and a clear commitment to staff development?
- Are you ready to further develop your managerial and leadership skills?
- Are you ready for a challenge and to be challenged using innovation and positive change management?
- Do you lead by example and work with others in a constructive manner?
- Are you flexible in your outlook to your work?
Luton has many high quality, committed and passionate people and if that is an environment that will stimulate your growth and the above details reflect you, your values, knowledge, skills and experiences and you have a genuine desire to help deliver high quality, compassionate care services, then we want to hear from you.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing