We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £40,858 - £43,757 a year plus £3,203 car benefit
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have experience of working within a Social Care environment at a Senior Level, the ability to motivate staff and a Management qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 4? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have a vital role within the Adult Social Care department where you’ll manage the team responsible for providing Reablement Services within people own homes.
You’ll take the lead on ensuring the team are motivated and trained on statutory legislation and Council procedures, which will enable them to provide the service to the required standard of the Council.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you have excellent communication skills, experience of managing and motivating staff and you meet the registration requirements for a registered manager with CQC, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Please submit your application by 23:59 on 21st January 2019
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing