We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £18,319 - £19,446 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 21
Could you work one to one with someone to help them get their life back on track?
Working as a Reablement Support Worker, you will work closely with people who have suffered an accident or short-term illness, teaching them skills to enable them to perform everyday tasks and help them regain their confidence and independence. This is an incredibly rewarding role where you can gain valuable experience while helping to change someone's life.
So if you have experience of working as part of a team, excellent communication skills and have completed or have the ability to obtain an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care within 12 months of employment, then we look forward to hearing from you.
To change lives, please contact us on 01582 875193 or send your CV to Kerry.Hills@guidantgroup.com
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing