Hillborough Infant and Nursery School is Ofsted rated Good, with happy, well-behaved pupils who are keen to learn.
We can offer you an excellent working school environment where staff are happy, positive and dedicated. We are well resourced and have effective and well established intervention strategies. We have a strong and clear vision with an engaging curriculum which develops and celebrates the potential of each child.
About the job
Salary: MPR/ UPR + SEN allowance
Hours per week: 1.0 FTE, Full time
As an inclusive school, we are looking for an inspirational SENCo to further develop and lead inclusion and SEND within the school and join our highly committed team as soon as possible. Child Protection is a shared role with the Headteacher.
Candidates should have:-
• Qualified Teacher status;
• The National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be working towards achieving the National Award in SEN Coordination within 3 years of appointment providing you have not previously been the SENCo at any other relevant mainstream school for a total period of more than twelve months;
• Experience of working with children with Special Needs;
• Thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice;
• The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEN children;
• Skilful in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs -SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL, More Able and Talented;
• To work effectively with the SLT to achieve excellence;
• The ability to support and overview the work of staff working with SEN children;
• Good communication skills and an ability to work within a team;
• Good management and organisational skills and experience of leading/managing other staff;
• The necessary communication skills enabling liaison with a variety of external agencies;
If this is you, please come and visit us by contacting the school on 01582 725764 to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd December 2018 at 11:59pm
Interview dates: 11th/12th December 2018
APPLY ONLINE - Supporting Statement Questions are at the bottom of the JD & PS
Online applications will only be accepted for this role.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.