About the job
Salary: £43,570 - £46,662 a year plus £3,203 car benefit
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have substantial experience working in an accountancy environment where you have used IT based financial management systems to support budgeting, monitoring, year end closure and financial modelling and planning? If yes, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity within the Finance and Audit department where you’ll play a significant part in providing the Council with a comprehensive technical and capital accounting service in accordance with corporate financial policy and practice and all pertinent legislation and financial regulations.
You’ll be working collaboratively with corporate finance colleagues, partners and external organisations within a developing framework as determined by central government.
You’ll actively plan and direct the closure of the Council’s accounts in conjunction with the Chief Accountant by liaising with Cost Centre Managers and Accountancy staff throughout the Council. You’ll also prepare sections of the Statement of Accounts in accordance with statutory and best practice requirements, ensuring the accounts are presented accurately and fairly in the best financial interests of the council.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you are a qualified accountant (CCAB) - i.e. CIPFA, CIMA, ICA, ACCA – or part-qualified with extensive experience, with an in depth knowledge of accountancy principles and practice;
you could help drive the Council’s vision by liaising with stakeholders and contribute to the achievement of the wider aims and operational objectives in a challenging work environment; we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements
- we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars