We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £30,756 - £33,136 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Fixed term until 31st March 2019
Do you have experience of developing, reviewing and managing administration systems and procedures and knowledge of the main SEN legislation and guidance? If yes, we want to hear from you
We have an exciting and highly rewarding role within the Special Educational Needs Assessment Team where you’ll support schools, other professionals and parents of children with SEN, to achieve creative solutions which meet pupils' needs whilst maintaining the policy of the Council in respect of special educational needs.
You’ll analyse and evaluate educational, medical, social care and psychological assessments of a child's special needs, while maintaining Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans following annual reviews. You’ll write detailed and specific amendments to Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans and/or make a summary of information for presentation at the Statutory Provision and Assessment Group.
You’ll liaise closely with Assessment Officers over casework and reviews; while attending case conferences and other meetings as necessary to represent the service in response to the concerns of service users.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you have experience of effective partnership working, the ability to plan and organise others workloads and the SEN Code of Practice and 1996 Education Act, we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing