About the job
Salary: £45,859 - £48,804 a year plus £3202 car benefit a year plus up to £4,000 market supplement a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity available within our legal team where you will assist in making sure an efficient, effective and economic legal service is delivered to the Council, its Executive, Committees, Sub Committees, departments and its wholly owned companies.
Working within the property planning and Contracts team, you will conduct and manage a mixed caseload of commercial contracts, procurement and governance related work.
We are looking for an experienced lawyer with a broad range of good commercial contracts and procurement experience, ideally within a local government/public sector context. You must be able to demonstrate significant experience of undertaking complex legal work in commercial contracts and procurement and have a sound understanding of the applicable legal framework.
The post holder must be capable of working under pressure, taking initiative and adopting proactive approaches to deliver a fast and efficient service and must be able to perform legal work with minimum supervision.
You must be able to communicate at all levels clearly and concisely, providing professional and commercial advice to a wide range of clients within the Council.
You must be a UK qualified Solicitor or Barrister or Fellow of CILEX with substantial relevant post qualification experience and hold a practicing certificate with a minimum of six years plus post qualification experience.
Please ensure your supporting statement demonstrates your experience and knowledge in order for your application to be considered.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars