About the job
Salary: £34,788 - £37,849 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have in-depth experience in developing and producing detailed designs for and managing Automatic Traffic Signal (ATS) and Urban Traffic Management & Control (UTC) installations? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity in the Highways Services team where you will programme, design and implementation of ATS (including MOVA and Scoot), UTMC, RTPI schemes in accordance with current bidding requirements and professional standards.
In this vital role, you will provide asset management expertise for all ITS assets including various systems UTC, UTMC, FMS, RMS TMS WebOS SCOOT, RTPI, etc. and implement risk based approach to the whole lifecycle of Traffic Signals. You will also provide detailed advice, technical support and consult (where necessary) with external bodies, including local authorities, in all aspects of traffic signals management.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate will need to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of relevant ATS, UTC and traffic management design standards and legislation, LINSIG and similar signals software.
Excellent communication skills are vital for this role, as you will be required to deal effectively with a wide range of stakeholders. You must be educated to a relevant qualification (e.g. BTEC, HNC/D, Degree) or equivalent experience.
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing